The Lubbock Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting at the drive-thru of a McDonald’s restaurant at 50th Street and I-27.
Updated Story: 12-Year-Old Shot Accidentally and Killed, Lubbock Police Say
Police received a call around 6:21 p.m. Thursday that a male had been shot inside a vehicle outside the restaurant, LPD said.
“When officers arrived they located a male who was pronounced deceased,” LPD said.
The name of the male was not released at this time.
“Detectives with the Persons Crimes Unit were called to the scene due to suspicious circumstances. At this time, this case remains a suspicious death investigation,” LPD said.
An employee said she was taking an order when she heard an argument, followed by gunshots.
The restaurant had crime tape around it, according to a photojournalist on scene.
A woman, whose nephew was working inside the restaurant at the time of the shooting, said everyone was OK inside and no one was hurt.
Check back with EverythingLubbock.com for more information on this developing story.