David Ricardo Carrillo was found guilty of capital murder Thursday afternoon for the 2015 double shooting deaths of Jennifer Cruz, 27, and Albert ‘Bo’ Martinez, 30.
He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Carrillo was Cruz’s ex-husband, and Martinez was Cruz’s new boyfriend.
The arrest warrant on April 20, 2015, said, “A 911 to police call had been made by Jennifer Cruz and in the 911 call she is pleading for ‘David’ to put the gun down and stop.”
More gunshots are then heard on the 911 call. Police responded to a home in the 5000 block of 44th Street.
A detective testified Wednesday that Cruz was shot four times and Martinez was shot once. The detective said Carrillo confessed to police after hearing the 911 call.
A previous boyfriend of Cruz testified that Carrillo had threatened his life via text messages.
The courtroom was packed with family members as the jury deliberated, a photojournalist said.
Related Story: Carrillo Indicted for Capital Murder in Double Homicide Case
*Correction: Carillo’s sentence is without parole.