Andrew Trevino sued the owners of a 2005 Ford Explorer and Michelin North American, Inc. for $1 million or more. The exact dollar figure was not listed. The lawsuit said the money would cover medical and other expenses due to a crash.
Trevino’s lawsuit last week said he was the husband of Tazmin Castillo, 21.
Castillo was operating the Explorer on August 18, 2015 along the 3600 block of Idalou Road. The lawsuit said the right-rear tire blew out causing a crash. Trevino claimed that Castillo, the couple’s unborn child, and their two-year-old daughter died in the crash.
Trevino claimed he and his son suffered injuries in the crash.
The lawsuit said, “The purpose of this suit is a ‘friendly suit’ hearing for the prove up of a settlement that has been reached…”
In other words, there was an out-of-court settlement and a judge’s signature is all that’s needed.
The lawsuit was filed on Wednesday, and the owners of the Explorer, Julio and Raquel Arismendez, filed court records on Friday – basically just acknowledging the lawsuit was filed.
A message was left for various attorneys to offer comment. This story will be updated if the invitation is accepted.